Your two month birthday is just around the corner and wow, what an amazing two months it has been. Your dad and I are starting to get the hang of this parenting thing, at least we think so anyway. I’ve put together a list of things I hope to never forget about these early days with you. This will be an ever-growing list, I am sure of it, but here are some of my favorite things so far:
Let me never forget:
- The warmth and weight of you while napping on my chest, and the way you liked to be folded up tight, like a little frog.
- Your soft-as-down, fuzzy baby hair against my chin.
- The hundreds (thousands) of kisses planted on your teeny head.
- How slow you were to wake up some mornings before nursing and those big, big stretches and yawns.
- How you’d grab onto my fingers with all your might because you were so mad that I dared change your diaper.
- The first times you smiled – being on the receiving end of those smiles felt like winning the lottery, and something tells me that feeling will never, ever go away.
Your dad and I look forward to many more firsts and favorite times with you. You are our world, little girl.
I love you,