We are over the hump, people! More than halfway and right smack into what those crazy Whole30 folks call ‘Tiger Blood’ aka feeling really good stage of the game. The past two days have been much easier, which I love. I did have an issue with something I ate yesterday – hives behind my ears and on my neck. It was minor and they went away by this morning. The only thing I ate out of the ordinary was a restaurant salad dressing. It was a vinaigrette, but I suppose you can’t be too careful and asking for the ingredients is always in your best interest. Had I not been too lazy to make my own before going to work, this may have been avoided. 😉
Here’s what us Pals will be noshing on this week:
- Nom Nom Paleo’s Southwest Cowboy Chili I mentioned last week. For once we had too much food and I just got around to making this tonight. Chocolate in my chili… I can’t wait to see how this turns out!
- Pioneer Woman’s Hamburger Soup – This was a total winner last time and I am pretty stoked to revisit it.
- Chicken and Zucchini Burgers with green beans and okra – There is something magical about mixing zucchini with ground chicken. So much moisture and flavor! I just might top these babies with some avocado if I’m feeling fancy.
- Zoodles and Meat Sauce – We are officially in the spiralizing business! Pal wasn’t too keen on my zoodles with an avocado sauce (too mushy), so here’s hoping a hearty meat sauce will set him straight.
- Burrito Bowls with Sweet Potato Spirals – Ground beef, spices, avocado and onions over a bed of lettuce with salsa and sauteed sweet potato spirals. I think the sweets will add a fantastic texture to my burrito bowls and a little more staying power.