I’ve been doing all I can to spread the gospel that is Whole30 by trying to make my meals as delicious as possible. I believe my plan is working because several people have ooohed and ahhhed over my lunches at work and a friend has decided to start her own Whole30 on Saturday! So in an effort to keep my gospel going, I have gathered some of my favorite recipes thus far. Recipes that are full of flavor and keep me wanting more.
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Over-easy Eggs: This is my breakfast go-to. I don’t have this every morning, but I surely could. I dice the sweet potato in my food processor and cook in a bit of olive or coconut oil with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Also, I’ve been cooking my eggs in coconut oil, which adds a delightful fluffiness.
- Slow-Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry via Tasty Kitchen: Just eliminate the cornstarch and you’ve got a quick, delicious, Whole30 dinner. I like mine served over cauliflower ‘rice’. To make the cauli rice, run a head of cauliflower through a blender, food processor, or grate and sauté in olive oil with your herbs of choice.
- Slow-cooker Salsa Verde Chicken: This might be the easiest crockpot meal on the planet. Grab jar of Whole30-compliant green salsa, a pound or two of chicken thighs, and toss it in your crockpot for 8 hours on low. Shred and serve over sautéed peppers, onions, and half an avocado. Ole!
- Crash Hot Potatoes: These little gems that I saw on The Pioneer Woman are a complete life saver. They are proof that clean, whole foods can taste decadent and also will go well with any protein and green veggie.
- Sweet Potato Chili: I came across this chili at Katrina Runs for Food and was blown away by how good (and how easy!) it was. It came together in a snap and made 5-6 servings. Since I couldn’t find a Whole30-compliant beef broth I opted for veggie broth. It is mild without being bland. I can’t wait to make it again this fall!
- Burrito Bowls: A Chipotle burrito bowl isn’t hard to fake and if you squint a bit when you look at this one, you might just be convinced it’s not a fake at all. Seasoned ground beef (I like cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper), sautéed peppers and onions, and guacamole served over cilantro-lime cauliflower rice. So easy and SO GOOD. To make the cauliflower rice cilantro-lime flavored just chop fresh cilantro and squeeze in some fresh lime juice while you’re cooking. If you want to get real fancy add a bit of garlic. Phenomenal.
- Curried Chicken Burger over salad: I mixed a diced shallot, salt, pepper, and a spoonful of curry powder in with my ground chicken and pan fried the patties in olive oil. Serve over a salad with avocado, egg, tomatoes, and any other veggies you like and a homemade garlic vinaigrette (olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper). Voila! Lots of protein, fat, and a happy tummy. Not a fan of curry? Any protein will do!
- Baked Sweet Potatoes: Load these babies up with caramelized onions and a bit of coconut oil and thank me later.
- Whole30 isn’t real big on snacking and, while I have been snacking a lot less, I can’t always make it from lunch to dinner. When I am on the verge of pre-dinner hangry I grab a Gala apple and some cashew butter. Heaven on earth!
I hope to find many more awesome recipes before my Whole30 is over and will be sure to share with you!