I woke up this morning and even though I slept really well, I sort of wanted to be grumpy. This past weekend was one that went too fast and by the time it was over, it felt like it was just getting started. Despite my best efforts to mope, I ultimately decided to put on my big girl pants, make my bed, and get on with my day.
While I was sitting in line at the bank, I decided to write down a few things that I was grateful for, in that moment. Here is what I came up with:
- Elizabeth’s 8th Birthday: Today my little blonde pup is 8 and I’m so thankful that she is mine. This August will mark 8 years that I’ve gotten to be her mom and I couldn’t be more grateful for that. She has made me so happy and I love her energy, smiling face, and squishy, squishy neck.
- Gorgeous, breezy weather and getting to run errands in it. The crazy winter we had wasn’t all that long ago and I finally feel like I’ve thawed. It was just perfect outside and I relished every moment.
- New Music: While I was compiling this list, this song was on I can’t wait to hear more from The Horrible Crowes. (Despite the name, the song was anything but horrible.)
- A teeny puglet that likes to rest her head on my feet.
- Knowing that my bed is made, my house is clean, and my Pal will grill pork chops when we get home.